Australian Sound Artist
tattered-kaylor.com

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Letter to Aphex Twin and Autechre


Dear Aphex Twin/Autechre,

if you could please make the world I project onto you real - if you could take away all those horrors that cease to exist with the reality you entertain, then I might grant you the benefit of the doubt - that you are infact - interested in a greater good, and not just a money making making machine as part of the consumerism that has devoured us in our sleep. Can you promise me this? Can you prove to me that this is still the case? That you did not sell the soul of your sounds to a car commercial (Boards of Canada) or perhaps to a 'larger audience' purely for mass appeal.

I ask you this.

I ask what your intent is.

I ask you not to succumb to the nightmares I know exist.

I ask you to continue creating an alternative to a bigger problem, I ask that you do not give in and decide that all is in vain.

It all is relevant.

Every decision is valid

The passing of time is no excuse for submission or apathy.

Can you promise an anonymous listener?


Regards,