Australian Sound Artist
tattered-kaylor.com

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Moment.....

:: Reel to Reel at the NFSA ::
I had a moment today, where I realised that I had never threaded up a reel to reel tape......











A few months ago I was spending 14 hour days setting up systems based on the 'Latest Technology'. I had (and will have) lengthy discussions on why the Digico desks are so user friendly and why the Roland's are not.  About the algorithms behind Nexo speakers and how they need to be configured and hung at what degrees to each other for the sound waves to carry correctly and for the the space to sound the best it possibly can. About multicore - opticore and hardcore. About if dubstep is a 'real' genre and wether or not Skrillex is just a poormans Aphex Twin or a talent in his own right. I'd debate wether or not live midi control compared to real musicians and if midi could be classed as 'Live' anyway...??

I'd be treading water in the pool of method and technology.

Today it seems they over-lapped me...

touché